Zhong, Grace (Yan), PhD
Phone: (804) 504-7085
Ph.D (2006) - Texas Tech University, Lubbock, (Family and Consumer Sciences Education).
Minor in Restaurant, Hotel, and Institutional Management).
M.S. (2002) - Texas Tech University, Lubbock, (Restaurant, Hotel, and Institutional Management)
B. S. (1991) - Tianjin Foreign Language University, Tianjin, (English Literature)
- Lodging Management
- International Hospitality Management
- Tourism Management
- Resort Management
- Hospitality Education and Curriculum Hospitality Tourism
- Consumer Behavior
- Womens Career Advancement
- Zhong, Y., Couch, S., & Blum, S.C. (2011). Factors Affecting Womens Career Advancement in the Hospitality Industry: Perceptions of Students, Educators and Industry Recruiters. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education. (In press)
- Ryu, K. & Zhong, Y. (2011). Determinants and impacts of customers menu choice regarding the familiarity in the authentic Chinese restaurant context. Journal of Hospitality Marketing Management (In press)
- Zhong, Y., & Couch, S. (2007). Hospitality Students Perceptions of Facilitators and Constraints affecting Womens Career Advancement in the Hospitality Industry. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal. 35(4). 357-373.
- Zhong, Y., Couch, S., & Blum, S.C. (2007). Factors Affecting Womens Career Advancement in the Hospitality Industry: Perceptions of Students, Educators and Industry Recruiters. Proceedings of 2007 Annual International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (ICHRIE) Conference and Exposition. Dallas, TX. 535-542. Recipient of the 2007 Best Paper Award.
- Malcolm, N & Zhong, Y. (2010). Perceptions of Jamaicans toward Eco-tourism and its Effect. Proceedings of the 15th Annual Graduate Conference in Hospitality and Tourism, Washington, DC.
- The International Council on Hotels Restaurants and Institutional Education (I-CHRIE) American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA)