Kering, Maru Kipleting, PhD
Plant and Soil Sciences
- Ph.D. (2008) -University of Missouri,(Agronomy)
- Development of bioenergy crop production and management systems and demonstration of bioenergy processing technology
- Plant nutrient uptake and transport and bio-fortification of food and feed
- Nutrient and water use efficiency in crops experiencing abiotic stress
- Impact of increasing global temperature and carbon dioxide levels on crop physiology, growth, and productivity
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Agronomy
- Crop Science Society of America
- Soil Science Society of America
- Kering, M.K., J.T. Biermacher, T.J Butler, J. Mosali, and J.A. Guretzky. 2012. Biomass yield and nutrient responses of switchgrass to phosphorus fertilization. Bioenergy Res., 5:71-78.
- Kering, M.K., T.J. Butler, J.T. Biermacher, and J.A. Guretzky. 2012. Biomass yield and nutrient removal rates of perennial grasses under nitrogen fertilization. Bioenergy Res. 5:61-70.
- Kering, M.K., and M. Kaps. 2011. Effect of media pH on growth and leaf tissue element concentration of ‘Vidal blanc’ and ‘Norton’ grape cultivars. International Journal of Fruit Science. 11:1-10.
- Kering, M.K, J.A. Guretzky, E. Funderburg, and J. Mosali. 2011. Effect of nitrogen fertilizer rate and harvest season on forage yield, quality and macronutrient concentration in Midland bermuda grass. Comm. Soil Sci. and Plant Anal. 42:1958-1971.
- Kering, M.K., K. Lukaszewska, and D.G. Blevins. 2009. Manganese requirement for optimum photosynthesis and growth in NAD-malic enzyme C-4 species. Plant and Soil 316:217-226.