Yousuf, Adnan, PhD
- Ph.D. (2006) - Oklahoma State University (Animal Nutrition)
- M.S. (2000) - Alemaya University of Agriculture, Ethiopia (Animal Science)
- B.S. (1994) - Addis Ababa University, Alemaya College of Agriculture, Ethiopia (Animal Science)
- Small ruminant production (nutrition, breeding and health)
- Growth and carcass characteristics of small ruminants
- Forage based meat goat production Use of non-conventional feeds in small ruminant feeding
- Feed energy cost of parasitic gastrointestinal nematodes (GIN) and potential anthelimintic value of plant and plant parts in the control of parasitic GIN of small ruminants.
Professional Society Memberships
- The International Goal Association (IGA)
- Association of Animal Science
- Poultry Science Association
- Beker, A., T. A. Gipson, R. Puchala, A. R. Askar, K. Tesfai, G. D. Detweiler, A. Asmare, and A. L. Goetsch. 2010. Energy expenditure and activity of different types of small ruminants grazing varying pastures in the summer. Journal of Applied Animal Research. Vol 37:1-14.
- Beker, A., T. A. Gipson, R. Puchala, A. R. Askar, K. Tesfai, G. D. Detweiler, A. Asmare, and A. L. Goetsch. 2009. Effects of Stocking Rate, Breed and Stage of Production on Energy Expenditure and Activity of Meat Goat Does on Pasture. Journal of Applied Animal Research. Vol. 36:159-174.
- Beker, A. and R.G. Teeter. 2009. Lighting program effects on broiler performance and metabolic factors associated with energetic efficiency. Poult. Sci. (pending submission).
- Teeter, R.G., and A. Beker. 2006. Effective use of lighting programs is another managerial tool that the poultry industry can consider in order to offset the removal of antimicrobial growth promoters (AGPs) in poultry ration. World Poultry, January 2006.
- Beker, A. and B. Chichaibelu. 1991. Nutritive and supplementary vlue of dried brewers grains in starter-chick ration. Bull. Anim. Hlth. Prod. Afr. 39:329-332.
- Evaluation of stinging nettle (Urtica dioica L.) nutrient recovery from manure impacted soils, and the value of nettle forage as an additive in a small ruminant diet. Virginia State University, USDA, NIFA Capactiy Building Grant, Laban Rutto (PI), and Adnan Yousuf (Co-PI), 2010-2013, $299,000.
- Training Farmer Educators on Goat Mortality and Butcher Waste Composting, A Regional Approach. Roger Merkel and Terry Gipson: American Institute for Goat Research, Langston University, with collaborating Institutions and Faculty from Florida A&M University: Angela McKenze-Jakes and Virginia State University: Adnan Yousuf. USDA/NIFA Capacity Building Grants Program, 2011-2014. $279,614.