Minimum Admissions Standards
Baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college/university or a foreign degree equivalent to at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree. The degree must meet requirements as identified by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
- A valid verification statement signed by the Program Director of an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average from the baccalaureate degree of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of GRE within the past 5 years with a score of at least 1000 (old system) and within the 50th percentile (new system) preferred.
- Applicants may wait until they are matched to the program to take the GRE.
a. Submit an online application on the dietetic internship centralized application system (DICAS) at https://portal.dicas.org/ by February 15th for the Spring Match.
b. Pay required fees as indicated on the DICAS website (DICAS application fee for the first designation is $45 and $20 for each additional designation).
c. Submit original transcripts from each school attended as instructed on the DICAS website.
2) VSU Dietetic Internship Program Application Fee
a. Mail application fee to: Crystal Wynn, Ph.D., RD- VSU DI Program Director, Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, PO Box 9211, Virginia State University, Petersburg, VA 23806
b. Submit a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check in the amount of $50 (non-refundable).
c. Checks should be made payable to VSU DI Program
3) Register for Computer Matching through D & D Digital’s website, www.dnddigital.com, and submit rankings by February 15th for the Spring Match. Pay required fees as required by D & D Digital website, ($55).
4) Applicants matched to our program, are required to notify the DI Director of their acceptance no later than 5 PM EST on the Monday after Match Day.